The primary mission of Lynch Syndrome International (LSI) is to serve our global communities by focusing on providing support for individuals afflicted with Lynch syndrome, creating public awareness of the syndrome, educating members of the general public and health care professionals and providing support for Lynch syndrome research endeavors.
LSI, an all volunteer organization, is founded and governed by Lynch syndrome survivors, their families, and health care professionals who specialize in Lynch syndrome.
If diagnosed early, we believe Lynch syndrome survivors have favorable outcomes which enhance survival, the longevity and quality of life as well as the emotional well-being of the afflicted.
With the provisions of knowledge, caring and respect for those living with Lynch syndrome, coupled with a common theme of a prevalent positive attitude, we can be change agents, enhancing hope and survivability, impacting the life of countless thousands of people throughout our world.
SCIENTIFIC ADVISORY BOARD
- Henry T. Lynch, MD Chairman -Founder of Lynch Syndrome, Northshore University Healthcare System, Creighton University Cancer Center, Omaha, Nebraska
- Albert de Chapelle, MD Ohio State University, Human Cancer Genetics Program, Columbus, Ohio
- C. Richard Boland, MD -Baylor Center University Medical Center, Dallas, Texas - American Gastroenterological Association
- Patrick Lynch, MD -University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
- Jane Green, PhD Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John's, Newfoundland, Canada
- Dawna Gilchrist, MD -University of Alberta, Alberta, Canada
- Hans Vasen, MD -Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, Netherlands and the Netherlands Foundation of the Detection of Hereditary Toumours
- Stephen Lanspa, MD -Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska
We are pleased to announce the following Board of Directors of Lynch Syndrome International, for 2013-2014, which represent survivors, previvors, caretakers, medical professionals and researchers of Lynch syndrome. Lynch Syndrome International Directors are working directors and actively direct and organize events within Lynch Syndrome International. All indviduals involved with the organization are volunteers and receive no compensation for their benevolence and countless hours of effort. We are very grateful for their contributions to this all volunteer organization.
– President/Executive Director Operations/Fundraising
- Barbara Fabiani – Vice President Secretary Operations/Fundraising
- Dave Wortman – Treasurer Financial Oversight
- Susan Olson – Brentwood, California/Survivor Young Previvors and Survivors Liaison
- Beth Fairbank – Brisbane, Australia /Previvor Australia Liaison
- Todd Neil – Winnepeg, Canada /Previvor Canada Liaison
- Wolfram Nolte- Germany /Survivor European and Germany Liaison
- Judith Ruggiero – Vacaville, California /Previvor Public Policy Liaison
- John Nelson – Las Vegas, Nevada/Survivor American Tribal Liaison
- Michelle Miller, LCSW – Denver, Colorado /Survivor
- Bill Harb, MD – Nashville, Tennessee / Medical Provider (Liaison With Medical and Research Organizations)
- Cristi Radford – Sarasota, Florida/Genetic Counselor (Chairs Medical Professional and Patient Education
- David Wakefield, Webmaster
- Meg Davis – Endurance Coordinator
- Lynch Syndrome International
- 3650 South Pointe Circle Suite 205-9
- Laughlin, Nevada 89029
Please do not hesitate to
with any questions you may have.
On 7/1/2009, Lynch Syndrome International was incorporated as a not for profit organization within the State of California and is registered with the Office of the California Secretary of State. Lynch Syndrome International, Inc. has been granted 501(c)(3) status as a not for profit, tax-exempt charity by the United States Government, Internal Revenue Service. Lynch Syndrome International, Inc. has been granted tax exempt status by the State of California, Franchise Tax Board. It is also listed, in accordance to California State law with the Office of the California State Attorney General, Charitable Trusts Division and registered with the California State Board of Equalization and California State Franchise Tax Board.
This website is developed and maintained by Lynch Syndrome International. All medical information on this site is supported by recent studies and specific source information is linked to the direct study.
The specific section for professionals is reviewed by medical professionals and information is sourced with the specific studies. Within the section for survivors, the information has been compiled by survivors and, in some cases, in collaboration with experts. As well, specific information has been sourced. If question arises regarding information, please contact
The website of Lynch Syndrome International is Honcode Verified and reviewed for certification by Honcode for meeting trustworthy health information.
At this point, Lynch Syndrome International is not offering advertising opportunities upon the website, however, in the future, following Board of Directors approval and development of an ethical advertising policy, advertising may be available and utilized upon this site.
We at LSI respect your privacy. We do not collect, distribute or display personal identifiable information on visitors to this site. In the absence of a signed waiver, any articles, tips or submissions will be credited to the senders initials only. From time to time, we may have a member of the media requesting an interview with a Lynch syndrome Survivor, Previvor or with a health care professional with expertise in Lynch syndrome. You may be assured your personal identifying information or contact information will not be provided and in that event, we would contact you and upon your agreement to participate, would respond directly to the request. We do not maintain a bulletin board or blog on this site however do have an organizational support and information site on www.facebook.com. We are not responsible for any content placed upon the Facebook site or have any control over the privacy of the identities and contact information for individuals.
The content upon the website of Lynch Syndrome International is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to replace professional medical opinion or advice. We strongly recommend our readers seek the advice of their physicians or otherwise qualified healthcare professionals with any questions they may have about any condition. It is not the intent of this organization for persons to rely upon information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any condition. We strongly recommend our readers seek and utilize the services of an expert, qualified healthcare professional for consideration of any diagnosis or treatment of any condition. We do not endorse any treatments, brands or manufacturers of any materials used for diagnosis or treatment of any condition. Any opinions written upon any of the pages on this site are the opinions of the writers and not those of Lynch Syndrome International. Reliance upon anything written by any person associated with Lynch Syndrome International and/or within this site is solely at your own risk. Due to the nature of the cancers inflicted by Lynch syndrome, some subject matter within the site may be graphic and to some, considered offensive. Access to this material is at your own risk. All matter on this site is subject to United States and international copyright laws. Copying and/or reproduction of this material is by specific, written permission only.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.
Modified: 1/22/2014 - changed LSI address & tel